Updated 5/18/2022

Citizens On Patrol (C.O.P.)

The KPA Citizens on Patrol have done an outstanding in 2020 and 2021. COP was only required to issue 80 noncompliance letters in 2020-2021 and none in 2022 thus far. I am also proud to report, less violations and a significant decrease in criminal activity within the community.   Our goal is ZERO incidents. Based on my analysis, property values within KPA have increased, on average 5% to 11% from 2020 to 2022. Also, the property value trends are projected to increase in 2023 as well. I appreciate the support from the COP members and most important the KPA Community. Our collective efforts have yielded positive results in all categories. I am confident we will continue to move in the right direction. 

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me at (301)404-7823.


Very Best,


Malik J. Freeman

C.O.P. Director


The Role of Citizens On Patrol (C.O.P)

C.O.P. members patrol the community day and night looking for criminal activity, unsafe conditions, and Baltimore County Code violations. We can not enforce the law, but report incidents to the proper authority. Also, we handle complaints from the community. However, we do try to resolve Baltimore County Code violations with the residents before contacting the appropriate authority. A letter from the Kings Park Association is sent to the resident notifying them of the violation, giving them sufficient time to correct the violation, and provide a contact number if they have questions or need an extension to correct the violation. If there is no response from the resident and the violation still exists after the due date in the letter, then we have no choice but to report the violation to the Baltimore County Code Enforcement Office. Usually, the latter only occurs for about 5% of the C.O.P. cases.


Animal Waste & Other Baltimore County Code Violations

Hello, I have received complaints about residents walking dogs and not removing the waste left by their dogs. See below the Baltimore County Code Section about the removal of animal waste. If you observe a resident violating this code section and you know at least the resident's address, you can file a complaint with Baltimore County Animal Control Division (phone: 410-887-5961 or Code Enforcement website: (www.baltimorecountymd.gov/Agencies/permits/codeenforcement/index.html).

If you want me to address this type of code violation, please call or email me with at least their address so I can mail a letter to them. For other violations (see examples below), please contact President Freeman.

§ 12-3-106. Animal Waste The owner of an animal shall remove excreta deposited by the animal on public byways, recreational areas, or private property. (1988 Code, § 6-206) (Bill No. 3-00, § 4, 7-1-2004; Bill No. 72-03, § 27, 7-1-2004)

Other Examples of Baltimore County Code Violations:

* Untagged/inoperable motor vehicle(s) on property

* Trash, junk and debris on property

* Trash cans without tight fitting lids

* Stagnant pool water

* Illegal commercial vehicle(s).

Remember, violations are issued to maintain a safe and healthy standard of living in our community.