KPCA Shred Day
Our next “Kings Park Community Document Shred Day” TBD from 10:00am-12:00pm. This event will be at Live Oak and Marriottsville Roads for Kings Park residents ONLY! You must be in good standing, which means your community membership dues must be paid for 2019 or 2020 to participate.
The vendor provided the following information: the shredder can handle simple staples, paper clips, flip handle/butterfly binder clips, spiral note books, and six part folders with the two-hole punch long and thin metal prongs. The shredder can NOT handle 3 ring binders, so the paper will have to be removed from the binders and they do not take the binders away. Also, no other large pieces of metal, plastic or electronic media (floppy disks, thumb drives, CDs/DVDs/VHS Tapes, etc.) are to be placed in the bins. Also, they do not remove file boxes or bags holding the paper.
KPA Community Clean-Up Day
The 2019 Community Clean-Up Day for Kings Park Estates regretfully has been postponed due to lack of county funding for this fiscal year.
Stay tuned for our next Community Cleanup Day in May 2020 at Live Oak and Marriottsville Roads. The event will be 7:00am -12:00pm. In the meantime, you can start the planning process, use the below list to help you organize.
ACCEPTED AT THE CLEANUP EVENT:
- Household (such as furniture, mattresses, toys, old rugs, scrap wood, clothing, all things that can be safely landfilled)
- Metal items (such as metal furniture, lawn chairs, washer, dryers, household items that are primarily metal, lawn mowers without fluids)
- Asphalt/black top (very limited amounts)
- Concrete/rock (very limited amounts)
- Brush/yard waste (limbs, branches, bushes that are less than 8" in diameter and 6' in length)*
- Containers (glass, plastic, tin cans, aluminum)*
* These items are also collected at curb side on your scheduled recycle days.
- Explosive or flammable materials
- Toxic materials (acids, caustics, pesticides, chemicals)
- Medical/radioactive waste
- Liquids or liquid waste
- Commercial waste
- Drums or tanks
- Animal carcasses
- Large stumps
- Wood/logs greater than 8" in diameter and 6' in length
- Automobile bodies/parts
- Refrigerators/Air Conditioners/Freezer/Appliances With Freon
- Most large items that cannot be lifted manually
- CPUs, keyboards, printers, laptops, scanners, cables, and cords
- VCRs and DVD players
- Telephones (including cell phones and answering machines)
- Fax machines
- Video display devices
- Televisions and monitors
- Contractor dumping